This guide walks you through installing the MW Agent on a Microsoft Windows machine. These instructions can also be found on the Installation page in your Middleware Account.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or above
- For Microsoft Windows Server instances, Windows Server 2016 and above
- Windows 64-bit
- APM support for Go, Node.js, Python & Java only
- Database integrations are currently being tested for deployment and momentarily unavailable on Windows
Follow the steps below to install the MW Agent on your Windows machine.
- Download the MW Agent Installer
- Run the Installer as Administrator:
- Right-click on the installer and select “Run as administrator”.
- Follow the Prompts in the Installation Wizard
- Enter MW API Key & MW Target URL:
- You can find your API Key in your Middleware Account
- Verify Installation:
- To verify that the MW Agent has been installed successfully, check for the “Middleware Agent” service in the Windows Services Manager. It should be in Running status.
- Alternatively, verify MW Agent installation using the following command in Powershell
Get-Service -Name mw-windows-agent
- correct output
Once the MW Agent is installed, metrics should begin appearing in your Middleware Account within a few minutes. If metrics do not appear, ensure that the machine has access to the internet, either directly or through a proxy, and that only one MW Agent is running per server instance. For any issues, please reach out to our team through the help menu in your Middleware Account or by contacting our support.
To uninstall the MW Agent on a Windows machine, follow these steps.
- Access Settings in the Windows Launcher and go to Apps section.
- Under Apps & Features, locate Middleware Agent and Click on Uninstall.
- Follow the prompts to uninstall MW Agent.