Integrate with Opsgenie to report incidents direct from Middleware alert section.
- Opsgenie account with admin access.
- Middleware account with access to the integration section.
Follow these steps to set up Opsgenie integration with Middleware account.
- Login to the Middleware account and navigate to the Opsgenie integration under the installation section. Login -> Installations -> Store in that there will be Opsgenie
- Click on the “Connect” button to begin the integration process.
- You will see a new window pop up on the right side of your screen.
- In that window, add the Opsgenie authentication token and click on the save button.
- It will integrate your Opsgenie account with Middleware.
To obtain an API key from Opsgenie, please follow these steps:
- Go to the Opsgenie website and log in to your account.
- Navigate to the “Teams” section using the navigation menu and click on it.
- Create a new team by following the instructions shown in the screenshot.
- Fill in the required details in the team details section and click on “Add Team” to create the team.
- Once the team is created, click on the name of the newly created team.
- In the sidebar, locate and click on “Integrations” as indicated in the screenshot.
- Next, click on “Add Integration” and select “API” from the list of available integrations.
- Copy the API key provided and ensure you click on “Save Integration” to save the configuration. (Make sure not to forget this step; otherwise, you won’t be able to access the API key later.)
Assign alert to Opsgenie incident
Navigate to alerts from the left menu.
At right bottom corner here showed in screenshot.
Enter the Title you want to see as title in Opsgenie for alert.
Once you have filled in the required details, click on the “Assign” button.
The alert will be created in Opsgenie and can be assigned to the appropriate team.
Here is the attached screenshot of how it will look like in Opsgenie
- If you cannot see the “Integration” menu in middleware, please ensure that you have access to the Integration section. You can confirm this with the Middleware account administrator.